10.6.09

Dancing with the Big Boys

I've mentioned before my love for books. This post and the next are going to feature two of my favorites. Have SO much to post about, so I'm going to start with these because I've been meaning to put them up for ages, and I really need to get them out of my system.

First book, David Bowie Black Book I bought years ago - I went through a stage where I was seriously OBSESSED with Bowie, and this was such an amazing find. The whole book looks like it is printed on black paper, but perhaps the black is actually printed on white paper... that's probably it. It documents Bowie's career from '64 to '80. 

db1
db2
db3
db4
db5
db6
db7
dbs
db44
images via my camera.

5 comments:

Allthismore said...

i lovee his outfits. I really wish bands today had the balls to wear dresses and stuff.

chloe said...

oh man, i totally love books too! ive never seen this bowie one, it looks awesome.. i have one which im sure you'd love: i found it in a secondhand bookstore in london and its called 'sex and drugs and rock'n'roll', first printed in 1985. its full of photographs of 60s, 70s and 80s rock stars backstage, getting drunk, hanging out (and making out!) with groupies, flashing the camera, passing out etc. i must do a post on it, like you've done with yours, i'll let you know when its up!

Nadia said...

chloe!!!!! sounds AMAZING please do let me know :) i'm gonna try and get my hands on it!

. said...

DAMN BOWIE IS AMAZING ! (:

Wends said...

whoa trippy one legged tights!
thanks for the inspiration, perfect for the costumes i must make within two weeks for this performance thing